"Analogy is the heuristic for creativity."
Works by Eugene Lashchyk
- Scientific Revolutions: A Philosophical Critique
of the Theories of Science of Thomas Kuhn and Paul
Feyerabend, Ph. D. dissertation, University of Pennsylvania, 1969.
- Review of Filosofs'ka Dumka (Philosophical Thought) Ukr. SSR, 1973, Recenzija Vol V, No. 2, Spring-Summer (1975): 34-45.
"Some Reflections on the Relationship Between Philosophy
and Economics," The Annals of the Ukrainian Academy of Arts and Sciences in the U.S., Vol. XIII, No. 35-36 (1977): 217-237.
"A Rational Reconstruction of Kuhn's Model of Rationality of Science." Presented and later published in the 16th World Congress of Philosophy 1978 Section Papers II (Frankfurt an Main: Verlag Peter Lang, 1983): pp. 533-537.
- "Vynnycenko's Philosophy of Happiness," The Annals of the Ukrainian Academy of Arts and Sciences Vol. 16, No. 41-42 (1984-85): 289-326.
- "Heuristics for Scientific and Literary Creativity: The Role of Models, Analogies and Metaphors," Rationality, Relativism and the Human Sciences. Joseph Margolis, Michael Krausz (eds.) (Martinus Nijhoff, 1986): 151-185.
- Review of Loren R. Graham's Science, Philosophy and Human Behavior in the Soviet Union (Columbia Univ. Press, 1987), in Physics Today, April (1989).
- "Contingent Scientific Realism and
Rorty's "The End of Philosophy" and Fine's "Natural
Ontological Attitude,"" Filosofs'ka y Sotsyolohychna Dumka
(Philosophical and Sociological Thought), No. 11 and
12 (1992): pp. 57-69, 41-61 [Kyyiv, Ukraine].
- Course Syllabus for "Russian and Ukrainian Philosophy" (Fall, 1992).