1912 - 1989
Photo is a gift from
Cynthia Freeland. Taken by either
by her or by Ken Alpern. Krist Bender, Cynthia's husband, scanned it.
NEH Summer Seminar for College Teachers
Philosophical Responses to Empiricism in Kant, Hegel, and Sellars
When: June 19, 2019 – July 19, 2019
Where: University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
Acceptance Notifications: March 29, 2019
PROBLEMS FROM WILFRID SELLARS
"Sellars is one of the most important philosophical writers
of the century, perhaps of any century, and he was also one of the most
outstanding philosophy editors of the century, perhaps of any century."
Who was Wilfrid Sellars?
- Wilfrid Sellars, "Autobiographical Reflections: (February, 1973)" Published in Action, Knowledge and Reality, edited by H.N. Castañeda (Indianapolis:
Bobbs-Merrill, 1975): 277-93.
- Jay Rosenberg, "Fusing the Images: Nachruf
for Wilfrid Sellars," Journal for General Philosophy of Science
(Zeitschrift für allgemeine Wissenschaftstheorie), 21 (1990):
- Jay Rosenberg, "Wilfrid
Sellars," entry in Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Christopher Gauker, "Wilfrid Sellars," entry in Dictionary of the Philosophy of Mind (Internet), 1998.
- Susanna Downie (ed.), In Memoriam
(a collection of remarks made at the Memorial Service for Wilfrid Sellars
in the Heinz Chapel at Pitt (1989), and some additional remarks by some
of his students), 1990.
- Adolf Grünbaum, "Mary Connor: In
Memoriam" Nov. 7, 1996 (Wilfrid Sellars' Secretary)
Maintained by Andrew
Letters to the Webmaster
This site was created in November 1995.
Counting since May 18, 1998